Resume (Version 2017/03/20)
- Ph.D. Earth Sciences, Boston University, 2015
- B.A. Computer Science and Environmental Science, DePauw University, 2010
- Project Associate, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, 2015-Present
- Research and Teaching Fellow, Boston University, 2010-2015
- Graduate Intern, PASSCAL Instrument Center, 2013
- Research and Teaching Assistant, DePauw University, 2006-2010
- List available here
- Aderhold, K., R. E. Abercrombie, M. Antolik. Controls on seismic slip in the oceanic lithosphere: Oceanic strike-slip earthquakes near Sumatra and South Sandwich Islands, CIG/QUEST/IRIS Seismic Imaging of Structure and Source, July 2013, Poster.
- Aderhold, K., R. Madan and P. Souza. Comparison of measured and modeled erosion in Plum Island Sound, MA, Plum Island Long Term Ecological Research Network, March 2013, Poster.
- Aderhold, K. and R. E. Abercrombie. Depth distribution of seismic slip in oceanic lithosphere: Observations following the April 2012 great earthquakes, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, December 2012, Poster.
- Aderhold, K. and R. E. Abercrombie. Oceanic strike-slip earthquakes along the Sumatra subduction zone, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Workshop, June 2012, Poster.
- Aderhold, K., C. Matkin, A. Gaylord and T. Cope. Killer whale habitat use and distribution off the southwest coast of Alaska, Indiana Women in Computing Conference, February 2010, First Place, Poster.
- Alaska Transportable Array Deployment, Field Assistant, Summers 2016 and 2017.
- iMUSH Active Seismic Experiment, Field Assistant, July/August 2014.
- Cascadia Initiative Leg 5 (OC1308A) on R/V Oceanus, Science Crew, August 2013.
- Poker Flat/Dotson Ranch Seismic Station Installation and Demobilization, Field Assistant, Summer 2013.
- Prudence Island Salt Marsh Restoration Initiative: Mill Creek and T-Wharf Geologic Analysis, Field Assistant, June 2012.
Selected Offices Held, Honors, Awards, Workshops
- Graduate Student Advisor, Boston University Geological Society, 2011-2014
- Graduate Student Organization Vice President, Boston University, 2013-2014
- Best Junior Graduate Student Oral Presentation, Department of Earth Science, 2013.
- EarthScope USArray Data Processing and Analysis Short Course, August 2011
- Grace Hopper Woman in Computer Science Scholarship Recipient, Fall 2010
- High level: Java, Python, perl, MATLAB, R, SAC
- Low level: C, C++, FORTRAN, Unix
- Mapping programs: GMT, ArcGIS